Technical Workshop for Formulation of Comprehensive National Communication Plan Focused on the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community
| Source of Fund
This is a three-day Workshop that will be participated in by representatives from the ASEAN Member States’ (AMS’) information sector to study the priority programs and projects of the different sectors under the ASCC and formulate National Communication Plans in support of such.
This Workshop is a follow-through of the ASEAN Ministers Responsible for Information (AMRI) Technical Working Group Meeting held in Makati City, Philippines on 5-9 June 2012 where the AMS formulated general National Communication Plans in support of the three ASEAN Community Pillars – the ASEAN Political Security Community (APSC), ASEAN Economic Community (AEC), and the ASCC.
1. To look into the AMS’ information sector’s activities in communicating the work of the ASCC;
2. To gain deeper understanding of the priority programs of the different sectors under the ASCC; and,
3. To formulate more comprehensive National Communication Plans covering each of the different sectors under the ASCC, towards the vision of One ASEAN Community by 2015
· The Workshop agreed to consider “A Caring and Sharing Community” by SOCA as the overarching key message for the ASCC National Communication Plans;
· It agreed to focus on the six ASCC characteristics/thrusts in the formulation of communication objectives, key target audiences and key messages, namely: Human Development; Building the ASEAN Identity; Social Welfare and Protection; Ensuring Environmental Sustainability; and Social Justice and Rights; Narrowing the Development Gap;
· For the Final National Communication Plans, the AMS shall consult with the AMS’ SOCA Focal Points.