Towards Regional Integration: TV Documentaries on ASEAN Programs and Projects of the ASCC (Philippines)
| Source of Fund
This project will involve the conceptualization, development and production of a total of thirty (30) 5-7 minute documentaries on the programs and projects of the 21 sectors under the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC). It seeks to address the need to articulate the benefits and challenges of ASEAN regional integration through the programs and projects to the peoples, various stakeholders and relevant sectors in ASEAN Member States in order to promote greater awareness of ASEAN and provide support to the ASEAN Community Building efforts through an enhanced exchange of broadcast materials among the ten ASEAN Member States.
For this project, each AMS will develop and produce three episodes of 5-7 minute TV documentaries featuringdifferent topics covering the ASCC (e.g.Migrant Workers Protection, Social Protection, Disaster Management, Climate Change, Biodiversity Conservation, Environment, Education, Health, Women and Youth, Sports, Culture and Information, Science and Technology, etc.)
1. Promote greater awareness of and present updates on the programs and projects of the 21 sectors under the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community (ASCC);
2. Support the realization of the vision of ASEAN integration by 2015.
3. Articulate the work in ASEAN for the ASEAN peoples.
4. Strengthen cooperation in the development and production of TV materials among AMS.
5. Enhance information sharing and exchange among AMS
· Preparatory Meeting on Towards Regional Integration: TV Documentaries on Programs and Projects of the ASEAN Socio-Cultural Community which was held on 8-9 October 2014 in Quezon City, Philippines.
· The Meeting noted that the preparatory meeting discussed and agreed on the topics of ASCC projects chosen by each AMS for their respective three TV documentaries.